Friday, March 30, 2012

Anyone else have insomnia?

Wow - the end of a very busy week!  I met with many interesting people this week, including two groups of students.  It is really a treat to be in the same room with your students - just for a change.  There are many things you can't do - surf the net for info when you need it, record what you are doing, text, blog, etc.  But you can be silent for a moment ... and just connect.  I discussed meaningful interaction with one group, and human presence with another.  Clever, polite, engaged students.  How lucky I am!


Stuart spends his time relaxing, walking reading.  He looks so healthy!  His knee was bothering him, so he had to take some of the meds the doc gave him .... better now. 


It's almost one a.m. our time and sleep alludes me.  Stuart, on the other hand, is quietly sleeping behind me!  I'm sure there is ongoing benefit to having a Mom who put you to bed and treated you to a whack with a wooden spoon if you got up. 


Tomorrow we can rest.  We are invited for dinner at the home of one of the staff/PhD students at KTH.  How kind they are to invite us.  Sunday we have lunch with another staff member, after the service at our 'English Church.'  So blessed we are, and so kind are the people we have met.

It's the halfway point!   Amazing!  It was raining today and I stood for a moment outside the university to breath in the moisture and the wonderful smell of rain.  I also took a minute to look around and drink it all in as soon it will  be a memory, almost a dream.  I want to remember this experience - vividly!

Time will evaporate now as we try to get in everything we said we would do on this visit.  Aaric comes one week from today - we will so glad to see him!  


Blessings,
TPP

No comments:

Post a Comment