Thursday, March 22, 2012

Getting better all the time

Put Stockholm, Sweden on your 'must-see' list! I can't say it was on ours, but now that we are here, we would definitely desire a return trip.  We are planning a short water cruise when Aaric gets here and this is a promotion picture.  It is this stunning ... beautiful old buildings mixed with modern/postmodern public places and spaces.  And, as you my have guessed, this is sailing country - which makes Stuart very happy.

People like each other here.  And what social skills.  Now here is something you can all relate to.  Today I needed my office computer hooked up to the printer down the hall.  I asked our admin assistant for the number of the help desk.  She said she would get it and would bring it to my office - in English that is much better than my Swedish - but somewhat elementary.  The next thing I know, there is a bespectacled young man with a plastic pocket cover at my door , asking if he could help me.  I was confused and hesitated - with the printer? he asked.  Oh! I exclaimed - yes, I have something to print and couldn't find the cable.  He actually didn't laugh at me but politely told me it was all wireless (this is the Royal Institute of Technology) and started clicking away on the computer.  They actually dispatch people to you and provide assistance - real human assistance!  And that's not all!  He talked to me - the IT guy talked.  He asked where I was from, how long I would be in Stockholm and welcomed me to Sweden.  When he left he shook my hand - actually touched me - and said to call the tech desk if I needed anything else during my stay.  My stay could be getting longer!

I've decided they all look to have high cheek bones and rosy pink cheecks for a reason - they smile alot!  This must build the muscles of the mid-face and increases blood flow to the cheeks.  I'm going to try this! They look younger, too ....

We found the stable by the university today - happy day.   It's on the King' land ;-).  I patted and talked to a horse that lives in the King's stable - wow!  I wonder if he knows?  The horse I mean ... that his lives in the King's stable?  Pictures coming ....


I been working, working, working and Stuart's been walking, walking walking!  Oh, I forgot eating, eating, eating.  We have a great rhythm going already.  Amazing how you can adjust.  We are happy and having fun.

Cheers,
TPP

No comments:

Post a Comment